Friday, 21 December 2012
thoughts for twenty thirteen.
Mostly, creative things. There is so much i want to learn to create and make and i seem to take far too much on and go from project to project. I have knitting still to finish and i am getting frustrated at trying to crochet peterpan collars! I wanted to note down my thoughts and throughout the year, find ways to learn and finish projects.
1. Knitting and crocheting. I love knitting. I remember when i first met my husband. I was 18 and would sit in his bed in his room knitting. I didnt expand my skills though. I just stuck to plain stitch and just knitted because i wanted to. A few months ago, i picked it back up after starting a knitting and sewing club in my mums village with her once a month. I am finding it quite restrictive though and all the patterns of things i find that i would like to make seems to be crocheting. I am desperate to start making peterpan collars. Its my main goal for next year to do and the next step is to start selling them at craft fairs as a little way to make extra pennies for my little family. So, this is the main one for me. To master crocheting and to finish off my husbands scarf before the spring comes!
2. Learn to be a bit more patient. In all aspects of my life. When i am crafting, i can become a little impatient and want results there and then. I find sometimes that i may rush something to get the result quicker but then wish i hadnt as it isnt as perfect as i wanted it to be.
I also need to be a little more patient with the girls. I find i am starting to snap a little and hate myself for it. I need to try and figure out a better way to deal with Mia's sleeping at night so i have more rest and therefor, i am less irritable and restless during the day.
3. One of my best friends made me a fortune cookie which i opened yesterday. My fortune said "You find beauty in ordinary things, do not loose this ability". It made me think while i was trying to sleep last night. I dont ever want to loose that atall. I always want to be the best mother i can be and i throw every part of me into it and i am worried that i am going to loose myself a little. I want to still be able to find beauty everywhere and visit museums and take a little afternoon out in the summer to go on a bike ride by myself to the river and write in my diary and photograph the flowers. I need to make sure that next year, i give myself a little time off sometimes to be me.
4. Document more. Write more. Take more photographs. I want to use this little space here to pour my thoughts, crafts, adventures with the girls and just my candid life outtakes in. I want my husband to document more and photograph me and the girls more. This is something that will be happening next year. I saw an idea somewhere that you write the good memories you have on a piece of paper and put them into a jar and then on new years eve, you open it and read all the memories. I want to do this. I want us to do this as a family and then make a diary of them all stuck in.
5. I have wanted to make an online magazine for a few years now. It is something that seems rather daunting at this point in time, and i intend to research and figure this dream out. It might not happen for another year or so but it is a goal. I just want to make sure i am 100% clued up on all aspects of this before throwing myself into it.
I am sure there are many more things i want to do next year. I always seem to overthink and want to overdo everything so next year, i am going to concentrate on my goals and continue having amazing adventures and days with my family without overwhelming myself with too many things.
© Gingerlillytea | All rights reserved.