Saturday, 16 February 2013
Peach crumble cupcakes
I have been brainstorming ideas for cupcakes recently and this morning, i decided to make up my own recipe for peach crumble cupcakes. I just tried to remember everything i have learnt whilst baking and came up with this recipe. I made this with half the sugar in the mix that i have mentioned here as i thought the peaches would be quite sweet when, in fact, they didn't sweeten the mixture as much as i thought. I have amended the recipe now and they are so so tasty!
For the mixture:
-2 peaches (skinned and chopped into fine pieces)
-250g plain flour
-250g caster sugar
-250g unsalted butter
-1/2 tsp of baking power
-1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
-2 free range eggs
-1 tsp vanilla essence
-100ml of milk
For the topping:
-2 peaches (skinned and chopped into pieces)
-50ml of water
-20g caster sugar (this can be more if you prefer)
-150g plain flour
-60g unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 190/375/gas mark 5.
2. Put the peaches for the topping in a pan on the hob and add the water and sugar. Keep stirring for around 10 minuets until the peaches are really soft and are starting to fall apart. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add in the two eggs, mixing as you do and then add in the vanilla essence.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add the chopped peaches and make sure all the peaches are folded in. Add this mix into the wet mix and whisk. Then add the milk.
5. You now need to make the topping in a different bowl. Rub the flour and butter until it resembles bread crumbs. You can add some sugar here if you prefer your crumble quite sweet but i didn't add any.
5. Spoon the mixture into paper cases, filling half way. Add a few of the cooled, soft peaches on top of the cake mixture and then cover the top in the crumble.
6. Bake in the oven for around 25 mins.
And there you have it. They are a little bit more time consuming than normal cupcakes but they are worth it! Happy baking. x
© Gingerlillytea | All rights reserved.