Tuesday, 11 June 2013
Father's day cupcakes
Father's day is on Sunday. I love to bake things for Gilles and i wanted to try and bake him something that isn't too pretty and fancy like most of my cupcakes. I bake cupcakes a lot and he isn't a great lover of icing so i wanted to try and make him something with this that he loves and that wasn't too girly. Today, i did a little trial run on some s'more inspired cupcakes. S'mores are not that huge over here in England but i have seem them around on pinterest and knew Gilles would love them. These cupcakes are a great "manly" alternative to the normal vanilla based, sugar iced cupcakes.
For the cupcakes
-225g caster sugar
-225g self raising flour
-1 tsp of baking powder
-2 tbsp of double cream
For the topping
150g dark chocolate
1. Preheat the over to 190 degrees.
2. Mix the butter and sugar
3. Add in the eggs
4. Add in the flour and baking powder and once mixed and creamy, pour in the double cream
5. Bake in a preheated oven for around 15-18 mins
6. When the cakes have baked and cooled, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a boiling pan of water.
7. Pour a little chocolate onto each cake. You can add as much or as little as you wish.
8. Add marshmellows to a kebab stick and put underneath a grill for around 10 seconds. Stick them into the cakes. I then added a few grilled marshmellows to a twig for a little decoration.
These cakes have gone down very well in the pink household and Elle has requested i make some more! Let me know if you make these, i would love to see your creations!
© Gingerlillytea | All rights reserved.