Friday, 26 August 2016
Dreams and goals
I have wanted to write this post for a while. I have a huge list in my notebook about my dreams and goals for this coming school year. One evening, i just scribbled so much down that i am now struggling to even read my own writing! My mind is full of so many plans and goals that i want to achieve.
When Mia started full time school last year, i had so much i wanted to do but i struggled. I fell into a trap of staying at home, napping and watching tv. I just didn't feel myself and i struggled with the fact that i didn't have any children. I had no idea what to do with myself or even what i wanted to do. I plodded along with my blog and photography but i didn't really do anything for myself or achieve anything that year until right near the end. In July, i signed up for a home learning course for my level 3 teaching assistance course. I have a year to complete it and it is a purpose to my day now to be able to study and know that i will have a qualification that i can use in the future.
- Take adventures by myself. I really want to spend the day out exploring with my camera. Walks through woods, walks through gardens, finding new places. I just want to be outside, taking pictures and making my own creative films. This also means i can sit in the woods when the weather is ok and do my studying without being distracted by anything else. I have lots of ideas for new films that i want to try and i am looking at new tripods to get. I want one of those grip ones that you can twist around trees and things so i can be film myself also.
- I want to learn new hobbies. Knitting is something i really want to try and workout. I can do the basic stitch and pearl stitch but i have no idea how to actually knit something such as socks or a hat. My lovely mother in law is going to give me lessons and i cannot wait to sit infront of the fire, under a cosy blanket and knit away. I really enjoy doing it and i feel i could be good at it if i really tried.
- I have started a nature journal and i love the idea of spending my days collecting and photographing things that i see on my adventures and adding them to my journal. This has been a goal of mine for a while and i cannot wait to start with the autumn season. I had already completed a few pages and from September, i know i shall be wanting to write in it all the time!
- Starting another course. I am thinking water painting. Yes, i may be a little ambitious doing a home study course as well but i would love to attend classes to get better at painting. I want to be able to paint in my journals and my skills are not great. Because i want to do everything at once, i need to start thinking about a finacial solution. Classes and courses don't cost too much but can still be a strain if you don't have the money straight upfront or when you need to be able to pay to get a spot in the class you want to do. There is a wonderful short term loan company called Vivus which is a loan that you payback in one go the following month to keep interest rates as low as possible. It is a great option if you need to pay for something quick and upfront but you know that you can repay the next month. I have a few classes i would love to join and if i had to make a payment upfront before i had any of my invoices paid, i know that i could borrow a small loan for that month and then be able to pay it back in one go the following month when i did have the money.
- Exercise. I am forever starting and stopping but last year, i had the best intentions but i wasn't really in the right frame of mind. The day the girls go back to school on the 5th is the day that i am restarting the Kayla Itsines workouts. I really enjoy them and being able to do them straight after the school run then leaves me the rest of the day to try and get through all my other jobs for that day or work or studying! I feel that it will also help me achieve more as i will have more energy and feel healther.
I am excited to see where this year takes me and what i manage to achieve. I won't put too much pressure on myself and there are things that i can always drop if i feel overwhelmed but i am glad that i am going into September with some goals and things that will keep me productive during the day and not pine over the girls.
(this is a collaborate post)
© Gingerlillytea | All rights reserved.