Advent is only a month away and i wanted to share with you some handmade advent calendars. I made my one two years ago for the girls. Each day, they get a little note that tells them what their activity is for that day. I look forward to December every year so i can make it so magical for my two ladies.
1. A sweet brown paper wrapped calendar filled with a mixture of craft things, tree decorations and sweets by Melanie at Geoffrey and Grace.
2. This beautiful wreath calendar was made by SarahLou from Lapinblu. You can see how to make one yourself here. How wonderful is this. I just had to include it in my roundup!
3. This is such a simple but beautiful calendar from Maartje at Silly old suitcase. I love the white and brown paper but you could also include bright coloured paper too depending on your style.
4. How about making a calendar that children can help create too. This calendar is by Kate at Counting to ten. Such a lovely project that you can do on a cold winters November afternoon.
5. I am in love with these tree boxes! You can find them here and there is also a free template to download so you can make them yourself.
6. A wonderful story book advent calendar by Hollie at Thriftymum. I love this idea of unwrapping a new book everyday to read with your children. It is such a lovely twist on the activity calendar and i cannot image the excitement it must bring to unwrap a book each day!
7. A great activity calendar here by Heather at Growingspaces. I love that the letters are in a scroll and can just be pulled out to read. So simple but pretty and the copper touch is just perfect.
8. Oh gosh. These tiny little houses! You can actually download these house templates over at Delia creates and make them yourself. I think i will be doing this as well as they would look perfect on a mantle piece or even tied up on a garland!
9. How about creating all sorts of different envelopes out of papers. You could put notes inside or even chocolate coins! It would look amazing on any wall and can, again, be tailored to your own style.
10. This amazing wooden tree calendar was made by Jenny at Monkey and mouse. Jenny picked up the wooden tree as a plain base from a craft store and then decorated it herself using paints and paper for the draws. It is such a unique calendar and great to hide little chocolates, activity notes or sweets!
11. This amazing envelope calendar was made by Esther at Inside out & about. You can see how she made it over on her blog. I love the different tags on each envelope!
12. And finally, how sweet are these little match boxes by Martha Stewart?
I hope you like the calendars i have selected and i hope you might have been inspired to get crafty and create your own calendar this year. I would love to see any that you do make!!